Community groups can apply for a capital grant through the Township of Severn if the group would like to undertake a capital project on municipal property. This could include building a new park or installing new park equipment.


Please complete the Capital Grant Application to request funding. You can also print the form and drop it off to the Administration Office located at 1024 Hurlwood Lane in Severn.

All applications are due by September 30 each year.

Application details

You'll need to include the following information with your application:

  • organization name
  • contact information and address
  • amount being requested
  • description of how the money will be spent


In order to apply, you must be a not-for-profit group that is building a capital project on municipal property.

Funding requirements

The Culture and Recreation Advisory Committee will review all applications to make sure they fit with the overall plan for that area. Funding will be provided in the following ways:

  • for the development of a new park, money will come from the Parkland Reserve Fund
  • for a request for playground equipment, costs will be split 50/50 between the community group and Township of Severn