If you own a property in Severn, you need to pay annual property taxes. Learn how to request a tax certificate, view your property assessment and explore the available tax incentives and rebates.

Pay your property taxes

Tax sale properties

According to the Municipal Act, if property taxes aren't paid for two years, we can issue a tax arrears certificate. This certificate states that we can sell the property if taxes, penalties, interest and legal costs aren't paid within one year of registering the certificate.

View current tax sale properties

Letter of authorization

As a property owner, you'll need a letter of authorization if you'd like us to release your property tax information to a third party, such as a spouse or family member not named as the property owner.

Complete the Letter of Authorization

If you prefer, you can print your completed Letter of Authorization and drop it off at the Administration Office located at 1024 Hurlwood Lane in Severn from Monday to Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. You can also mail the completed form to:

Township of Severn
PO Box 159
Orillia, Ontario
L3V 6J3