In an emergency, call 911. The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), Crime Stoppers and railway police work to keep our community safe. Learn how to contact each organization and report a crime.

Ontario Provincial Police

The Ontario Provincial Police provides policing services for the Township of Severn.

How to report an issue to the OPP

You can file a police report online from your computer, phone or tablet. Reports can be filed for minor crimes, such as:

  • theft
  • lost or missing property
  • driving complaints

You can also call OPP's non-emergency line at 1-888-310-1122 to report a minor crime.

Crime Stoppers

Crime Stoppers works to keep our community safe by helping police solve crimes. If you have information that could help solve a crime, submit a web tip to Crime Stoppers. All tips will remain anonymous.

Railway policing

The Canadian National Railway (CN) and Canadian Pacific Railway (CP) run through Severn. If you're reporting a concern, make sure you've got the right railway. You can search the Railway Association of Canada's online map to see which railway operates near you.

Contact CN Police or CP Police for the following issues:

  • trespassing on tracks
  • unlawful activity
  • crossing signal defects
  • other emergencies

You can contact the CN Public Inquiry Line or CP Community Connect for non-emergency concerns, such as:

  • noise
  • general property maintenance
  • train whistling