Are you planning to host an event in Severn? Make sure that you have all of the necessary permits and licences.

Facility rentals

Book one of our rental facilities for your next event. The Coldwater and District Community Centre and Washago Community Centre make ideal venues for a variety of events including showers, anniversaries, reunions and more.

Tent permits

If you're planning to put up a large tent for an upcoming event, such as a wedding or family reunion, you will need to apply for a tent permit. Learn how to apply and review the permit guidelines.

Lottery licences

If you plan to hold a raffle or offer door prizes at your event, you need to get a lottery licence. Learn about the different types of lottery licences and apply today.

Refreshment vehicle licence

If you would like to offer refreshment vehicles, such as ice cream trucks and chip wagons at your next festival or community event, you will need to get a refreshment vehicle licence.

Road closure permit

Depending on the size and scale of your event, you may need to apply for a road closure permit. For example, if you are planning a large community festival or parade, you may need to close a road to traffic during the event.

Triathlons and bicycle rallies

If you are planning to host a triathlon or bicycle rally in Severn, you may need a Road Occupancy Permit.

Municipal Alcohol Policy

If you are holding an event in one of our facilities or parks, you need to follow the regulations outlined in the Municipal Alcohol Policy in order to serve alcohol. You will need to apply for a Special Occasion Permit through the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.

Alcohol is permitted on the following municipal properties with a Special Occasion Permit:

  • Coldwater and District Community Centre (arena floor – non-ice events only and upper hall)
  • Lake St. George Community Centre (upper and lower hall)
  • Matchedash Heritage Community Centre (main hall)
  • Washago Community Centre (main hall)
  • Coldwater Fairgrounds (designated areas)
  • Washago Centennial Park (designated areas)